develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2020

From:
Christian Walde
Date:
November 26, 2020 12:19
op.0uou5s14ydyjqt@xenwide.vpn.udag.de
Please note that i also linked searches for CPAN that search for trim by name and by regex, showing that even in libraries the functionality is implemented and used, which is evidence that offering the functionality would be appreciated. :)

As for other types of trim:

Some people are concerned about adding too many functions to core, and the key concern is always: Finding a developer to do the work of implementing.

Part of the reason leonerd is involved with this is to create a single commit that implements a new function in core in a simple way, making the commit a proof-of-concept, and also a learning aid that people can build more on.

By which i mean: You could support this effort and use it to spin up documentation and proof-of-concept of your own for those functions, and then see how it is received by core governance. :)