develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2020

From:
Christian Walde
Date:
November 25, 2020 10:35
op.0umvou1rydyjqt@xenwide.vpn.udag.de
On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 11:18:36 +0100, Konovalov, Vadim <Vadim.Konovalov@dell.com> wrote:

> I am against trim going directly to main package, but no problem for me into separate package
>

> Also I do not see why you’re insisting that trim is going to be used often.
>
> No, it isn’t!

I already explained elsewhere in this thread why Yves' concerns do not apply to trim specifically and why the suggestion of redress is problematic as well as what questions are open about it. As such your opinion is noted, but does not add anything new whatsoever.

Further, just going "No, it isn’t!" without providing any arguments adds nothing to the conversation either.

I provided multi-disciplinary evidence that people desire the functionality in this and other languages to a degree comparable to `say`. If you don't understand it, feel free to ask questions, but invalidating it via "no u"?

That ain't it, chief.