develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2020

From:
Karen Etheridge
Date:
November 13, 2020 17:29
CAPJsHfCpm6hXaQYvC9+BnRhG-iQ00uSPWYH=dGtO8c9LmkhT6g@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 10:01 AM demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> IMO if we are not going to add "reftype" to the language as a keyword
> that we sure as heck shouldnt add trim. Again, that is what modules
> are for. Having them as namespaced built ins (so they can be back
> ported) seems a reasonable compromise.

Well, that's a good point -- IMO we should add reftype too, and blessed,
refaddr and weaken also.
(And can we add trim() to Scalar::Util for availability in earlier perl
versions?)