develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2020

From:
Corwin Brust
Date:
November 11, 2020 21:01
CAJf-WoSr=4+F1qQUx6dwnqSYQsTJJx7c49QOrorJN+KVbGWvOg@mail.gmail.com
Thank you for your reply!

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 11:48 AM demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 at 18:32, Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!  Long-time listener, first-time caller.
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 10:34 AM Konovalov, Vadim
> > <Vadim.Konovalov@dell.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Absolutely agree.
> > > Please add my voice to the pool, and count it carefully.

[snip]
> Things that are exposed as normal functions in a namespace are
> trivially back portable:

Why is back-portability an important concern when discussing features
proposed for future perls?

Thank you.
Corwin