develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2020

From:
Alexander Hartmaier
Date:
November 5, 2020 19:09
CAB49Qrbxn847yT3git=H=wOQGNdV3o-4kJ1N=6Y+3otK0Q3r-Q@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 7:24 PM Paul "LeoNerd" Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk>
wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 10:09:08 -0800
> Scott Baker <scott@perturb.org> wrote:
>
> > Team:
> >
> > I lack the time and expertise to complete the PR I started
> > <https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17999> to add `trim()` to core.
> > I'm hoping someone with more experience would be interested in taking
> > over and complete the PR for me. It's largely complete already.
> >
> > LeoNerd wrote the C implementation and I wrote the docs and the tests.
> > The PR needs some polish and rebasing and then it will be ready to
> > land. If you're familiar with the Perl build process this should be a
> > simple task for you.
> >
> > If you're interested in adopting this PR please reach out to me and
> > we'll figure out the next steps.
>
> To be honest it's not even that much effort. I'm happy to make the PR
> *technically* work.
>
> All we need here is someone to "socially" sponsor the idea - someone to
> argue the case that "I believe this feature should be implemented".
> Such a sponsor doesn't have to touch any of the C (or Perl or any other
> code) of the PR itself. They just have to argue with the nay-sayers.
>
> --
> Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
>
> leonerd@leonerd.org.uk      |  https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS
> http://www.leonerd.org.uk/  |  https://www.tindie.com/stores/leonerd/

Is it sufficient to say that I'm waiting for 20 years for such basic things
to be in core? ;-)