develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2020

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
November 5, 2020 18:24
20201105182429.535c01d9@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 10:09:08 -0800
Scott Baker <scott@perturb.org> wrote:

> Team:
>
> I lack the time and expertise to complete the PR I started
> <https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17999> to add `trim()` to core.
> I'm hoping someone with more experience would be interested in taking
> over and complete the PR for me. It's largely complete already.
>
> LeoNerd wrote the C implementation and I wrote the docs and the tests.
> The PR needs some polish and rebasing and then it will be ready to
> land. If you're familiar with the Perl build process this should be a
> simple task for you.
>
> If you're interested in adopting this PR please reach out to me and
> we'll figure out the next steps.

To be honest it's not even that much effort. I'm happy to make the PR
*technically* work.

All we need here is someone to "socially" sponsor the idea - someone to
argue the case that "I believe this feature should be implemented".
Such a sponsor doesn't have to touch any of the C (or Perl or any other
code) of the PR itself. They just have to argue with the nay-sayers.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans