develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2020

Looking for someone to adopt adding trim() to core

From:
Scott Baker
Date:
November 5, 2020 18:09
Subject:
Looking for someone to adopt adding trim() to core
Message ID:
3d3dc34e-b74b-e17a-2855-1734e3788255@perturb.org
Team:

I lack the time and expertise to complete the PR I started
<https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17999> to add `trim()` to core. I'm
hoping someone with more experience would be interested in taking over
and complete the PR for me. It's largely complete already.

LeoNerd wrote the C implementation and I wrote the docs and the tests.
The PR needs some polish and rebasing and then it will be ready to land.
If you're familiar with the Perl build process this should be a simple
task for you.

If you're interested in adopting this PR please reach out to me and
we'll figure out the next steps.

- Scott