develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2020

Perl 5.33.2 is now available!

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
September 20, 2020 16:46
Subject:
Perl 5.33.2 is now available!
Message ID:
46501412-b441-19ed-d708-11363e4b509e@gmail.com
   What I've learned is that real change is very, very hard. But I've
   also learned that change is possible - if you fight for it.

     -- Elizabeth Warren

We are pleased to announce version 33.2, the 3rd development release of
version 33 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.33.2 from your favorite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.33.2/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  b4d001ff57b4d017652d175eeab7aaea05233839  perl-5.33.2.tar.gz
  ca1f41daf94a1566421a2c14a3c88b3e7afda0d3  perl-5.33.2.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.33.2/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.33.2 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.33.1 and contains approximately 18,000 lines of changes across 380
files from 19 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 11,000 lines of changes to 260 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.33.2:

Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Christian Walde (Mithaldu), Craig A. Berry,
Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, David Mitchell, H.Merijn Brand, Hugo van der
Sanden, James E Keenan, John Lightsey, Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson,
Nicholas Clark, Nicolas R., Ricardo Signes, Richard Leach, Sawyer X,
Todd Rinaldo, Tom Hukins, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 33.3 on October 20th.
The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of
2021.

Wear a mask and stay safe,
Sawyer.