develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2020

Re: maint releases for 5.32 and 5.30?

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
September 11, 2020 18:52
Re: maint releases for 5.32 and 5.30?
Message ID:
CAHhgV8hw9S1X1wXZaLCKukcaQ1hGc7DQrs=XMn8r1h6S4Gp=tA@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 11:39 PM Steve Hay via perl5-porters
<perl5-porters@perl.org> wrote:
> We haven't had a .1 maint release anything like that soon after a .0 final release for a long time. Looking back over the last 6 releases, from 5.20.1 to 5.30.1, they have been 4, 6, 8, 4, 5 and 6 months later respectively.
>
> That said, I'm happy to get the wheels in motion for 5.32.1 if there is already demand for it this time.

Nothing is truly urgent yet, but not being able to build on the
upcoming version of macOS will slowly become a bigger problem (it's
currently in public beta, and expected to be released "this fall").

Leon