develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2020

Re: Q: what the hell is going on? // A: ...

From:
Christian Walde
Date:
Re: Q: what the hell is going on? // A: ...
Message ID:
op.0owe6iluydyjqt@xenwide.cihq
On Wed, 05 Aug 2020 22:46:31 +0200, Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:

> Fellow list members,

Thanks for taking the time. :)

If i understand it right, the intent is:

- there's a private preprint area where things can be shot down before going public
- anything that makes it is thrown into p5p so everyone can yell at it
- the pumpking listens to the yelling for a few weeks to find points of merit
- they then make the final call and justification of which way to go

Does that sound about right?

If yeah, then i think that makes most everyone satisfied, and i agree no recording or even notes would be necessary or helpful.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde

(Note: While it's possibly academic, I still consider the idea of a video call to inherently preclude people with certain disabilities for consideration. I do not have an alternative and i realize a text-only environment has the same effect with other disabilities ... but i want people to make this trade-off while being aware of this being what they're doing. */soapbox*)