Re: constant.pm POD: Latin-1 or UTF-8?

From:
ilmari
Date:
Re: constant.pm POD: Latin-1 or UTF-8?
Message ID:
871rkriue4.fsf@wibble.ilmari.org
Felipe Gasper <felipe@felipegasper.com> writes:

> I noticed a Latin-1 wide character near the bottom of constant.pm’s
> POD. Is this intended, or should that be UTF-8?

Which version are you looking at? The current blead version uses an
E<eacute> escape, which should render according to your locale.

> More broadly, should core modules’ POD be in UTF-8 or Latin-1?

Everything sould be UTF-8 unless there's some technical reason not to
(e.g. it needs to be processed by a tool that doesn't understand UTF-8,
or is test data for other encodings).

- ilmari
--
"The surreality of the universe tends towards a maximum" -- Skud's Law
"Never formulate a law or axiom that you're not prepared to live with