Re: RFC: freeze bison version with docker container

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
Re: RFC: freeze bison version with docker container
Message ID:
20200727164550.50f2ccc6@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 11:18:15 -0400
bulk88 <bulk88@hotmail.com> wrote:

> What is think OP is arguing, Bison is a not ISO/ANSI/IETF/W3C/IEEE
> specification, so Bison's maintainers never promised identical output
> bytestreams for identical input streams. Bison is SORT OF part of
> Perl's toolchain.

OP is also pointing out that developing perl currently requires a
version of bison older than is in debian/testing. I cannot develop perl
on my own laptop right now without manually installing an old bison in
/usr/local, because the one shipped by debian is too new for regen_perly

This needs a solution somehow.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans