Re: RFC: freeze bison version with docker container

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
Re: RFC: freeze bison version with docker container
Message ID:
20200727111230.GM3267@iabyn.com
On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 12:03:44PM +0200, Branislav ZahradnĂ­k wrote:
> Hi Porters,
>
> Motivation:
> Bison itself evolves, deprecating features (eg %pure-parser) , changing
> output format.
> Distributions do as well, providing different bison versions.
> These days we can provide unified tooling via containers.
>
> Commit (POC):
> https://github.com/happy-barney/perl5/commit/4c8c41bcf0

It's not clear to me what you are proposing to change in the perl core
build process to "freeze bison version", or indeed what "freeze bison
version" means in the context of the perl build process.

--
Never work with children, animals, or actors.