FINALLY - ready for comments/review

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
July 21, 2020 22:48
Subject:
FINALLY - ready for comments/review
Message ID:
20200721234755.4ec4251f@shy.leonerd.org.uk
Yes, I've renamed it again ;) I was eventually convinced that because
it's so similar in semantics to try/finally syntax, that we'd probably
be best off calling it `FINALLY { ... }`. So, here it is.

The branch overall is now at

  https://github.com/Perl/perl5/tree/leonerd/finally_block

It is now ready for general comment and review; I'll make a PR for it
soon.

In particular, one thing I'd like comment on is the documentation. So
far it's a fairly minimal "bare-bones" description of what it does, but
not really going into why, or suggestions on how it should be used:

  https://github.com/Perl/perl5/blob/leonerd/finally_block/pod/perlsyn.pod#finally-blocks-

Suggestions on more/better docs would be most welcome. I often find
that, as the person who implemented it, having my nose so close to the
ground makes me less than ideal to write documentation about it, and a
fresh perspective from others would help there.

When it comes to a technical review of the implementation code, I have
a bunch more comments to make, but I'll add them in a separate mail.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans