I would like to start 5.33.x releases

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
July 7, 2020 11:25
Subject:
I would like to start 5.33.x releases
Message ID:
CAMvkq_R5_hK_F8PS4O2jCHT=M_hG12=et+jxkTGPZhKVi166kg@mail.gmail.com
It was proposed to continue releasing development versions. I think it
wise to do this and I'm writing to the list in case someone has an
objection to it they want to raise. I've already prepared on the branch
5.33.0 and I'll start preparing the release for it today.

For now, it will be a form of freeze which includes only innocuous
changes that can be backported to 5.32.1 (maintenance release of 5.32)
and cleanups of non-strict/warnings-conforming code, so we could turn
this into 7.0.0.

At the same time, I'm happy to discuss whether this should lead to
5.34.0 (as some suggested). And whether this means the form of freeze
will be lifted and all commits approved or whether 5.34.0 will be a form
of *very stable release* without new major code.

Sawyer.