Help - need an 'reduce the core' reference

From:
Matthew Persico
Date:
July 5, 2020 13:55
Subject:
Help - need an 'reduce the core' reference
Message ID:
CAL20dLAU_zWdxE11hTz++BybZqOYrrir3tZiZbVh24KMPP+f6A@mail.gmail.com
Nothing like last minute homework. Need to pull together a presentation for
Monday so I can explain the issues involved in moving from 5.16 to 5.32.
One of them is all the core modules that have been removed. I can get an
inventory, that's easy. What I'm trying to find is a reference to some
doc/post/mail where it was decided to start reducing the core and the
rationale for doing so. I vaguely recall such an announcement, but my
google fu sucks this morning. Any pointers?

--
Matthew O. Persico