Re: Dual-life perl 5-or-7 code and prototypes - impossible?

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
Re: Dual-life perl 5-or-7 code and prototypes - impossible?
Message ID:
20200701135743.5666ce88@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 07:31:42 -0500
Todd Rinaldo <toddr@cpanel.net> wrote:

> I agree that's probably the best way to go. It's a technical debt
> that makes sense to put off for another day. The same goes for Test2
> prototypes.

Can we get you to say this again clearly, for the audience?

Are you actually saying that every Perl 5 module should now be actively
defending itself against a future Perl 7 from causing it breakage?

And it should be doing so by guessing that 'signatures' is the one and
only feature that needs to be disabled?

Are you going to promise that there won't be any more features in the
future that we'll also have to turn off?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans