Re: Announcing Perl 7 Perl5 Porters <perl5-porters@perl.org>

From:
Kent Fredric
Date:
Re: Announcing Perl 7 Perl5 Porters <perl5-porters@perl.org>
Message ID:
CAATnKFCzA8WK9cPAAbUfiRKTF-AAZ6F2xsE5-wG8TseBNyNnaA@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 at 23:19, Salvador FandiƱo <sfandino@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I was trying to emphasize is that unless you explicitly declare the
> perl version semantics you want to use in some way (and I am
> definitively in the "use v7" camp here), your code would become broken
> in the next mayor release, if that follows an
> all-features-enabled-by-default policy.

If this heads this way, I hope they have a provision in place for
"your code conflicts with a feature that will be enabled in perl ( $]
+ 0.2 )" warnings like has been expected of the majority previous
backwards compatibility breaks.

But that's ... probably going to be a *mountain* of fun to actually implement.

--
Kent