Re: Smoke Failures on Alpine Linux

From:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dagfinn_Ilmari_Manns=E5ker?=
Date:
June 16, 2020 17:48
Re: Smoke Failures on Alpine Linux
Message ID:
1EAE2FC9-95D2-494A-8370-728A3039E7B1@ilmari.org

On 16 June 2020 18:42:00 BST, David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, musl doesn't define a preprocessor symbol
>> (
>>
>https://wiki.musl-libc.org/faq.html#Q:-Why-is-there-no-%3Ccode%3E__MUSL__%3C/code%3E-macro?
>> ),
>> so we would have to replace the above preprocessor conditionals with
>> Configure check for the actual constness of the field.
>>
>> - ilmari
>>

>Which, unlike checking preprocessor conditionals, is not a hack.

Turns out that because of the way struct TM is used, we can make it const regardless of what the system struct tm has.

This is now smoking on https://github.com/Perl/perl5/commits/smoke-me/ilmari/struct-tm-const-tm_zone, and has been tested successfully on musl with c++.

- ilmari