Smoke Failures on Alpine Linux

From:
Carlos Guevara
Date:
June 16, 2020 01:16
Subject:
Smoke Failures on Alpine Linux
Message ID:
CAASMjLHJCBcPWQtCBsZFXDtqsjp-hyRtOPinVR3hsMjmPk=Mvw@mail.gmail.com
I recently started smoke testing Alpine Linux, and it appears that all
builds using g++ are failing early in 'make'.  For example:

https://perl5.test-smoke.org/report/114477

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that Alpine uses musl
instead of glibc:

#####
cjg-alpine3:~# ldd --version
musl libc (x86_64)
Version 1.1.24
Dynamic Program Loader
Usage: /lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1 [options] [--] pathname
cjg-alpine3:~#
#####

Unfortunately, I’m not familiar enough to do any meaningful
troubleshooting, but I’d be happy to help.

In the meantime, I’ve turned off smoke testing on g++ to keep the noise
level down.