develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2020

Re: Perl moving above 5.x version numbers

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
May 19, 2020 10:52
Re: Perl moving above 5.x version numbers
Message ID:
20200519103148.GA2859@iabyn.com
On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 09:54:30PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> I propose, if possible, that the next major production version of Perl after
> 5.32 be 34.0, and then continue on in that manner afterwards.

Sigh. Let's not.

--
Any [programming] language that doesn't occasionally surprise the
novice will pay for it by continually surprising the expert.