develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2020

Re: Is Math-Complex dead?

From:
Dan Book
Date:
May 19, 2020 04:08
Re: Is Math-Complex dead?
Message ID:
CABMkAVVKaty+WFthVcLv1SKgaxXG9zXd-gVRJAviYa2Dh6S4JQ@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 8:11 AM Peter John Acklam <pjacklam@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The Math-Complex distribution appears to be dead. The latest
> release is more than eight(!) years old. The RT queue is growing,
> but there doesn't seem to be any active maintenance.
>
> Upstream for Math-Complex is CPAN, so I contacted both RAM
> (Raphael Manfredi) and ZEFRAM, who are the maintainers listed on
> https://rt.cpan.org/Dist/Display.html?Name=Math-Complex
>
> RAM replied and said he is no longer active. ZEFRAM, who is the
> one listed in Porting/Maintainers.pl, has not replied to the
> e-mail I sent more than a month ago.
>
> Is there any hope of further maintenance and bug fixing?

Hi Peter,

I think it would be really useful to get active maintainership of this
module as it has many pending issues and I have some doc suggestions.
Please check the module takeover procedure[1] mentioned by Jim Keenan and
if you still don't get a response, send the request to modules@perl.org and
copy any relevant correspondence. It can be frustrating that this process
takes so long but we don't want to take away modules from maintainers who
want to keep ownership. I don't think Zefram intends to hold it "hostage"
but the unfortunate alternative would be to remove it from core.

-Dan

[1] https://neilb.org/2013/07/24/adopt-a-module.html