develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2020

Perl 5.31.11 is now available

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
April 28, 2020 20:06
Subject:
Perl 5.31.11 is now available
Message ID:
26ffb37b-96b8-5eda-5635-420c32ee669b@gmail.com
   Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.

     -- John F. Kennedy, National Committee for a Sane Nuclear Policy.

We are pleased to announce version 31.11, the 12th development release
of version 31 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.31.11 from your favorite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.31.11/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  e755cde96ff9db4bbeb8dd669b7fa1a5c3f1f82c  perl-5.31.11.tar.gz
  fde2f21e6e8b5431768686d12a5e06d26647bd34  perl-5.31.11.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.31.11/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.31.11 represents approximately 6 weeks of development since Perl
5.31.10 and contains approximately 3,200 lines of changes across 170 files
from 18 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 1,200 lines of changes to 110 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.31.11:

Atsushi Sugawara, Chad Granum, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan Book, David
Mitchell, Dominic Hargreaves, Hugo van der Sanden, James E Keenan, Jason
McIntosh, Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Ricardo Signes, Samuel Smith,
Sawyer X, Sisyphus, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony Cook, Zefram.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the "AUTHORS" file in the Perl source distribution.

We will attempt to release the next major stable release of Perl 5,
version 32.0,

on May 20th. However, we might require another development release
(5.31.12).

If so, 5.31.12 will appear on May 20th and 5.32.0 will appear on June.

In hugs and bugs,
Sawyer X.