develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2020

perlbug functionality updates for 5.32?

From:
Dan Book
Date:
March 23, 2020 23:22
Subject:
perlbug functionality updates for 5.32?
Message ID:
CABMkAVWna=5raWXaEiePAftDUVtVNGuOEgGYgmZEZZkonBJoYg@mail.gmail.com
As previously mentioned, I've opened a pull request to update perlbug's
functionality to better direct users how to report bugs in a way that will
be acted on[1]. I realize (now) we are in a code freeze, but is there any
mechanism by which an exception can be made for this change, provided it is
acceptable to the porters? I think it would be very unfortunate for 5.32 to
go out with a perlbug that still attempts to email perlbug@perl.org and
does not notify the user of the new issue tracker.

-Dan

[1] https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17651