develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2020

Killing Symbian, DOS (DJGPP) and NetWare in 5.34?

From:
ilmari
Date:
March 19, 2020 20:16
Subject:
Killing Symbian, DOS (DJGPP) and NetWare in 5.34?
Message ID:
87lfnwummd.fsf@wibble.ilmari.org
Hi Porters,

We still have (no doubt bit-rotten) code to support Symbian, DOS and
NetWare, but nobody has been submitting smoke or bug reports in years
(https://perl5.test-smoke.org/ does not have them in its OS dropdown).

I propose we kill these in 5.34, which means we should announce this in
perl5320delta, like we did with a bunch in perl5160delta.  We actually
threatened to kill djgpp back then, but never did.

Any objections?

- ilmari
--
"The surreality of the universe tends towards a maximum" -- Skud's Law
"Never formulate a law or axiom that you're not prepared to live with