develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2020

Perl 5.30.2 is now available!

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
March 14, 2020 17:10
Subject:
Perl 5.30.2 is now available!
Message ID:
CADED=K5H7HJR9wE_jJ5LpPbqezXjF6pwQNDv82KdGurNkuvJ+A@mail.gmail.com
  FLORA, GASTON, DOCTOR, MARQUIS, CHORUS
  (to Violetta)
  Yes, you have suffered, but take heart!
  Every one of us has shared your pain;
  friends are around you to dry the tears
  you have shed.

  GERMONT
  (I alone know the true devotion
  this poor girl hides within her breast;
  I know her faithful heart,
  but I'm vowed so cruelly to silence.)

  BARON
  (softly to Alfredo)
  Your deadly insult to this lady
  offends us all, but such an outrage
  shall not go unavenged!
  I shall find a way to humble your pride!

  ALFREDO
  (Alas, what have I done? I feel terrible about it.
  She will never forgive me.)

  VIOLETTA
  (coming to herself)
  Alfredo, how should you understand
  all the love that's in my heart?
  How should you know that I have proved it,
  even at the price of your contempt?

  But the time will come when you will know,
  when you'll admit how much I loved you.
  God save you then from all remorse!
  Even after death I shall still love you.

    -- Francesco Maria Piave, trans. Deutsche Grammophon GmbH,
       "La traviata", Act II, Scene 2

We are pleased to announce version 30.2, the second maintenance release
of version 30 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.30.2 from your favourite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

  https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.30.2/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  e02a31cc8f536b4927d8e018d265cddb790bb4e2  perl-5.30.2.tar.gz
  d82cdaa610a3e749e821fc77004b1b4bfd5ebd28  perl-5.30.2.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

Perl 5.30.2 represents approximately 4 months of development since Perl
5.30.1 and contains approximately 2,100 lines of changes across 110
files from 15 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 920 lines of changes to 30 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers.  The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.30.2:

Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Dan Book, David Mitchell, Hugo van der Sanden,
Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Matthew Horsfall, Nicolas R., Petr
Písař, Renee Baecker, Sawyer X, Steve Hay, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony Cook,
Yves Orton.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history.  In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core.  We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 32.0, should appear in
May 2020, with version 33.0 released around the same time.

Steve Hay