develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2020

Re: chained comparisons

From:
Zefram via perl5-porters
Date:
March 7, 2020 20:41
Re: chained comparisons
Message ID:
20200307204148.gbqfp5ikzgax32k5@fysh.org
Leon Timmermans wrote:
>1. Does it need to be a feature? (in the feature.pm sense of the word)

No, for the reason you stated.  This is also the same reason why,
without a feature flag, it's compatible with the current freeze status.

>2. Does it need an experimental warning?

No, it's not experimental.  The semantics are obvious and dictated by
the existing operators; there's really no possibility of tweaking them.
The question is not what this feature should look like, but merely whether
we want to implement this feature, and we are already well placed to
make a firm decision on the matter.

-zefram