develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2020

Re: chained comparisons

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
March 7, 2020 20:10
Re: chained comparisons
Message ID:
CAHhgV8hNBm9dkizuE=GtLcPKdU62msSf_KK_sABiVUArO2GsQQ@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 6:12 PM Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:
> Where do we stand on this?  Is it able to be put in core in the next 2
> weeks?

AFAICT the main remaining questions were:
1. Does it need to be a feature? (in the feature.pm sense of the word)
I believe it doesn't, since this is currently invalid syntax (much the
same way defined-or doesn't need a feature but say does)
2. Does it need an experimental warning? I can't really think of
anything we could want to change about this feature, but we have done
it for all other features we added in the past few years.

Leon