develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2020

Re: "require" change of behavior in 5.16 or slightly before?

From:
Dan Book
Date:
March 2, 2020 15:54
Re: "require" change of behavior in 5.16 or slightly before?
Message ID:
CABMkAVVSHzh6OOi721PWhV82qeZ9pjA5oDAZfThzWdSXw0ORUQ@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 10:14 AM Konovalov, Vadim <Vadim.Konovalov@dell.com>
wrote:

> I assume this is why perl is in now not modern anymore:
>
> When I had similar problems (rt ticket #127512), perl-porters refused to
> accept them, accusing me (user) to these problems
>
> While you think that "modernizing" perl is stuffing "use strict; use
> warnings;" every where - sane people would think about introducing some
> modern concepts like "WebPerl"
> However the further we go - the harder to get with "webperl" because of
> dependencies forest.
>
> Yet, now mails are filtered out
>
> Congratulations: you win your own exclusive echo chamber! 😊

No need for this deconstructive overreaction. The response was to an email
which in fact was a duplicate of an earlier email, probably previously
caught by the list spam filter.

-Dan