develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

MinGW builds broken

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
February 17, 2020 18:03
Subject:
MinGW builds broken
Message ID:
CADED=K5BRPUYkbEQ8fK+yvwV1Nq721wj9q=HGL8kYN8t=_-i_w@mail.gmail.com
In testing a patch with a variety of builds today I've found that blead
currently doesn't build with my mingw.org x86 compilers v3.4.5 or v4.8.1.
They both fail in Time::HiRes because of struct timespec not being known.

They need the same magic as daacfc6568, but I'm fuzzy on the details of how
to identify a particular version of MinGW gcc and/or its various headers
and runtime components.

The MinGW-w64 version of gcc v4.5.3 that I have works fine, so the required
test would need to be carefully tailored to pick out just old mingw.org
versions. Or else we could consider dropping support for them and say only
the MinGW-w64 versions are now supported, especially since MinGW/gcc v5.3.0
and v6.3.0 (the latest one that I have) both have a different problem
occurring earlier in the build regarding mkstemp being redefined.

Does anyone know how to identify these problematic mingw.org compilers, or
have any views on dropping support for them?