develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

Re: Hints hash changes

From:
Tony Cook
Date:
February 17, 2020 12:50
Re: Hints hash changes
Message ID:
20200217125026.GF18378@mars.tony.develop-help.com
On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 10:57:56AM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> Thanks to the CPAN-testers I came across a change in how the hints hash
> is handled which I can't find documented, nor can I see any commit
> message about it, leading me to think that the change might have been an
> accidental side-effect.
>
> It happened somewhere in between 5.31.6 and 5.31.7, as can be seen here:
>   http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Devel-Hide+0.0012

Do you have a brief example that demonstrates the change?

I added some extra processing for magic on %^H in
b34c1a7ee25272539dd91c7ab2e8161df3ac5fbc, but I don't think that
should be visible at the perl level.

Tony