develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

Re: no feature 'indirect';

From:
ilmari
Date:
February 13, 2020 11:26
Re: no feature 'indirect';
Message ID:
877e0qybxe.fsf@wibble.ilmari.org
ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker) writes:

> Hi Porters,
>
> Based on TonyC's initial "use feature 'noindirect';"¹ PR, I've created
> another one for "no feature 'indirect';"², which inverts the feature and
> makes it enabled by default, and included in all the feature bundles.
[…]
> [1]: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17186
> [2]: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17477

After a fix by TonyC to make catch METHOD VAR and METHOD BLOCK as well,
plus a simplification of the logic in intuit_method() by me, I consider
this ready to merge.

Any final questions, comments or concerns?  User-visible-change freeze
is next Thursday, so I'd like to get this in well before then.

- ilmari
--
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,
 at any given time, on fire." - Stig Sandbeck Mathisen