develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

Re: mononomial versus binomial branch names.

From:
Todd Rinaldo
Date:
February 12, 2020 21:16
Re: mononomial versus binomial branch names.
Message ID:
E0FF996F-2F33-4834-82E4-457AF026B5C6@cpanel.net

> On Jan 31, 2020, at 9:44 AM, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 16:39, James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com <mailto:jkeenan@pobox.com>> wrote:
>
> I think the one you cited was just an oversight on toddr's part.
>
> Sure, I wasn't trying to beat Todd up, I just happened to notice it when I saw his branch.

It was a mistake, yes. I'm sorry for the delay in replying but that branch took longer than I expected to merge. It has been removed from perl/perl5

To be honest I prefer to keep my branches in my own remote and ideally not merge without a PR. I was going to point out that it is easy to look at https://github.com/perl/perl5/network <https://github.com/perl/perl5/network> to see everyone's branches except it is particularly hideous because of how many people have forked the repo.

Todd