develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

Re: Backporting ac3afc4b35 (regcomp.c: make \K+ and \K* illegal.)

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
February 11, 2020 15:22
Re: Backporting ac3afc4b35 (regcomp.c: make \K+ and \K* illegal.)
Message ID:
367c300f-333f-529a-68ef-0e1cfd330955@khwilliamson.com
On 2/11/20 5:01 AM, hv@crypt.org wrote:
> On the other hand, I think the proposed change would break eg:
>    qr{ (?= foo (??{ bar() }) baz )+ }x
> .. which I think is an argument against rushing anything out for the more
> general case - IIRC we already have bugs backtracking over lookaheads
> with backreferences, probably due to similar thinking.

Good point