develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

Re: 5.30.2 soon

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
February 10, 2020 08:41
Re: 5.30.2 soon
Message ID:
CADED=K5xx8=yJb21Egkj2xSv1YoYBVGRKHeybPNcLMV7gB5REA@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 at 08:25, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 at 09:16, Steve Hay via perl5-porters <
> perl5-porters@perl.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 at 19:33, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> not to interfere with the release of 5.32.0 in April (see
>>> https://github.com/Perl/perl5/blob/blead/Porting/release_schedule.pod).

>>> cherry-picking to the voting file:

>>> but is also readable as a text file.)

>>> the criteria for back-porting set out in perlpolicy.pod then please let me
>>> know.

>>> I'd like to nominate 6bd6308fcea3541e505651bf8e8127a4a03d22cd for
>>> inclusion in 5.30.2. Without it, perl doesn't build on GCC-10 (because
>>> Configure detects it as 1.x)
>>>

>> Thanks! Now added to the voting file.
>>

> Do you mind adding d8e1e69d20817fd4b9d94736c97ef585900451a4 ?

Done - thanks! It doesn't really fit any of the criteria we normally look
for, but it looks harmless so I have no objection if you would find it
helpful.