develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

Re: Shared XS modules manifesto

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 8, 2020 09:46
Re: Shared XS modules manifesto
Message ID:
CANgJU+WKdTFkxj0hP+j3YeRp5MoXYkmD+k9NadLkSW+PtiThng@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, 8 Feb 2020, 16:16 Ivan Baidakou, <i.baydakov@crazypanda.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We, i.e. Crazy Panda LTD, would like to share our vision of shared XS
> modules,
>  which we consider quite innovative in Perl world:
>
> XS::Manifesto [1]
>
> The proposed concept already has an implementation (XS::Install[2],
> XS::Framework[3]), which we internally use on production more then one
> year.
> We plan to release on CPAN rather wide, deep and efficient hierarchy of our
> XS-modules, but it will take some time due to need of documentation, API
> stabilization etc.
>
> Early adopters, questions, or any feed back are welcome!

Looks pretty cool. At $work we have encountered this problem as well. I see
a lot references to C++ but I assume it also works with plain C code too?

Yves