develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

Re: chained comparisons

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 7, 2020 12:40
Re: chained comparisons
Message ID:
CANgJU+Xh9WLzc2JK=pV3oaF=4oMUt8qh6wbjMj_LNvc+KiV1KA@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 13:00, Zefram via perl5-porters <
perl5-porters@perl.org> wrote:

> demerphq wrote:
> >Ok, personally I like your version a fair bit, although I worry its still
> >bit not dumb enough.  We want these things understandable by someone who
> >might find "associativity" a bit intimidating (even if technically
> correct).
>
> You're overstating this issue.  perlop is reference documentation,
> not tutorial.
>
> Nevertheless, I'm open to adding some explicit warning about mixing
> chainable operators of differing precedence.  I've added such a commit
> to zefram/cmpchain at <git://river.fysh.org/zefram/perl.git>.

Sure, thank you. I have bridged it to github.

cheers,
Yves