develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

Re: chained comparisons

From:
hv
Date:
February 7, 2020 12:03
Re: chained comparisons
Message ID:
202002071145.017BjhP23503@crypt.org
demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
:I pushed your updated branch to github as zefram/cmpchain so people can
:review it on the website without adding a new remote.

I took a quick look through the main commit. One minor nit:
op.c:Perl_cmpchain_start looks to be missing a PERL_ARGS_ASSERT.

Also the tests are excellent for numeric compares, but don't appear
to touch the string compares or integer compares; I think it would be
easy and useful to duplicate the numeric tests as string tests with
the same inputs; not sure how valuable it would be also to add tests
for the integer cases.

Hugo