develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2020

Re: chained comparisons

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 7, 2020 10:41
Re: chained comparisons
Message ID:
CANgJU+V9jbK5YuTqDD=nLwmfEwg6KE5LGfS3gna-4gM3EN+EBA@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 11:37, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 10:47, Zefram via perl5-porters <
> perl5-porters@perl.org> wrote:
>
>> I have expanded the comparison chaining documentation myself, on top of
>> a rebased version of the original commit.  See branch zefram/cmpchain
>> at <git://river.fysh.org/zefram/perl.git>.
>>

> Ok, personally I like your version a fair bit, although I worry its still
> a bit not dumb enough.  We want these things understandable by someone who
> might find "associativity" a bit intimidating (even if technically correct).
>
> I did a version to try to address your feedback in
> "zefram/cmpchain_unsquashed" and pushed it now. Overall I favor yours over
> mine, but i think there are a few bits in mine that should be merged back
> into yours.

I pushed your updated branch to github as zefram/cmpchain so people can
review it on the website without adding a new remote.

Yves