develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2020

Re: CPAN from CPAN or git on perl-5.30.1

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
January 30, 2020 23:14
Re: CPAN from CPAN or git on perl-5.30.1
Message ID:
20200130231437.23052.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On 1/30/20 2:35 AM, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 12:50:45 -0500, Dan Book <grinnz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I can now reproduce your failures against perl-5.30.1 by first
>>> installing as follows:
>>>
>>> #####
>>> ./bin/cpanm Module::Build YAML YAML::Syck
>>> #####
>>>
>>> Re-testing, I now get the output attached.  Failures appear to be
>>> due to YAML or YAML::Syck.  Do you have them loaded?
>
> Yes
>
>>> Is this a problem for core or for CPAN distribution?
>
> Not my call, but it might need some care and attention
>
>> It appears the test is deserializing YAML and expecting blessed
>> objects. This now requires  $YAML::LoadBlessed = 1 or
>> $YAML::Syck::LoadBlessed = 1, as described at
>> http://blogs.perl.org/users/tinita/2020/01/making-yamlpm-yamlsyck-and-yamlxs-safer-by-default.html

Tux: https://github.com/andk/cpanpm/pull/133, provided by  Tina Mueller
should solve this problem.

So, no problem for core assuming Andreas accepts p.r. and does new
release before 5.32.

Thanks.
jimk