develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2020

Re: [Perl/perl5] 7a2b6a: perltie.pod: rework example code so EXTENDis a no-op

From:
demerphq
Date:
January 30, 2020 09:46
Re: [Perl/perl5] 7a2b6a: perltie.pod: rework example code so EXTENDis a no-op
Message ID:
CANgJU+UnSdJ+Dn-A3LiG_n1Cqh3yfK20+-DfsqzkqJYT4BGZUA@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 10:28, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW I'd love a sanity check/second set of eyes on auditing calls to
> av_extend().

It may be that i have this backwards, and the code that passes in the size
it expects is wrong (eg pp_sort and other places), and the places that pass
in the index are right. The docs for av_extend are:

/*
=for apidoc av_extend

Pre-extend an array.  The C<key> is the index to which the array should be
extended.
*/

I could imagine the "opposite" patch is the right one. Maybe ill do one
like that as well and we can decide which one to merge. Id love a second
opinion.

Yves