develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2020

Re: CPAN from CPAN or git on perl-5.30.1

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
January 30, 2020 07:36
Re: CPAN from CPAN or git on perl-5.30.1
Message ID:
20200130083540.7665ac88@pc09.procura.nl
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 12:50:45 -0500, Dan Book <grinnz@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I can now reproduce your failures against perl-5.30.1 by first
> > installing as follows:
> >
> > #####
> > ./bin/cpanm Module::Build YAML YAML::Syck
> > #####
> >
> > Re-testing, I now get the output attached.  Failures appear to be
> > due to YAML or YAML::Syck.  Do you have them loaded?

Yes

> > Is this a problem for core or for CPAN distribution?

Not my call, but it might need some care and attention

> It appears the test is deserializing YAML and expecting blessed
> objects. This now requires  $YAML::LoadBlessed = 1 or
> $YAML::Syck::LoadBlessed = 1, as described at
> http://blogs.perl.org/users/tinita/2020/01/making-yamlpm-yamlsyck-and-yamlxs-safer-by-default.html

using perl5.00307 .. 5.31      porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and Linux
https://useplaintext.email  https://tux.nl  http://www.test-smoke.org