develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2020

Re: no feature 'indirect';

From:
shmem
Date:
January 27, 2020 02:09
Re: no feature 'indirect';
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.1.00.2001270240000.17603@mail.mgm-net.de
Hi Porters,

funny things doing you are. What's next? Are we seeing pragmas like

- nowhitespace, to disable '$ { foo } = $ { bar }'
- nostmtmod to disable '$foo = $bar unless $baz' et.al.
- noautoload to disable AUTOLOAD
- nomultiline to enforce a semicolon on the line of a statement
- ...

I don't get it. Could someone please enlighten me?
Why is crippling the language been thought as a feature?

I'm not following this mailing list as much as I should. So, sorry for
the noise, and I thank anybody in advance providing me pointers to the
rationale for 'noindirect'.

0--gg-

From the keyboard of Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker [21.01.20,14:47]:

--