develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2020

no feature 'indirect';

From:
ilmari
Date:
January 21, 2020 14:53
Subject:
no feature 'indirect';
Message ID:
87h80ozx0n.fsf@wibble.ilmari.org
Hi Porters,

Based on TonyC's initial "use feature 'noindirect';"¹ PR, I've created
another one for "no feature 'indirect';"², which inverts the feature and
makes it enabled by default, and included in all the feature bundles.

Do we want to remove it from the 5.32 feature bundle, or is that too
late in the development cycle?

- ilmari

[1]: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17186
[2]: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17477
--
- Twitter seems more influential [than blogs] in the 'gets reported in
  the mainstream press' sense at least.               - Matt McLeod