develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2020

Term::ANSIColor 5.01 released

From:
Russ Allbery
Date:
January 18, 2020 03:30
Term::ANSIColor 5.01 released
Message ID:
87y2u5saq4.fsf@hope.eyrie.org
I'm pleased to announce release 5.01 of Term::ANSIColor.

Term::ANSIColor provides constants and simple functions for setting ANSI
text attributes, most notably colors.  It can be used to set the current
text attributes or to apply a set of attributes to a string and reset the
current text attributes at the end of that string.  Eight-color,
sixteen-color, 256-color, and true color (24-bit color) escape sequences
are all supported.

Changes from previous release:

    Add support for NO_COLOR <https://no-color.org/> to suppress all
    formatting sequences.  Thanks, Andrea Telatin.

    Document that aliases are expanded during alias definition, and thus
    an alias defined in terms of another alias will not change if the
    other alias is redefined.

    Fix SYNOPSIS example of uncolor.  The function returns a list, not a
    reference to a list.  Thanks, Joe Smith.  (#131414)

You can download it from:

    <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/ansicolor/>

This package is maintained using Git; see the instructions on the above
page to access the Git repository.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- Russ Allbery, Just Another Perl Hacker
$^=q;@!>~|{>krw>yn{u<$$<[~||<Juukn{=,<S~|}<Jwx}qn{<Yn{u<Qjltn{ > 0gFzD gD,