develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2020

Re: Term::ANSIColor 5.00 released

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
January 6, 2020 20:15
Re: Term::ANSIColor 5.00 released
Message ID:
20200106201548.18437.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On 1/5/20 4:42 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce release 5.00 of Term::ANSIColor.
>
> Term::ANSIColor provides constants and simple functions for setting ANSI
> text attributes, most notably colors.  It can be used to set the current
> text attributes or to apply a set of attributes to a string and reset the
> current text attributes at the end of that string.  Eight-color,
> sixteen-color, 256-color, and true color (24-bit color) escape sequences
> are all supported.
>
> Changes from previous release:
>
>      Drop support for Perl 5.6.  The minimum supported version is now Perl
>      5.8.  Perl 5.6 isn't supported by Travis-CI and is only spottily
>      tested, so true support is dubious.
>
>      Add suport for true color (24-bit color) via new rNNNgNNNbNNN and
>      on_rNNNgNNNbNNN attributes.  These are only supported via the function
>      interface, not in the constant interface.  Based on work by Lars
>      Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯.  (#130083)
>
>      Allow color aliases to map to multiple attributes instead of only one
>      attribute.  Based on work by Yanick Champoux.
>
>      Aliases may now be defined in terms of other aliases.
>
>      Document bad interactions between colored output to standard output
>      and standard error when standard output is line-buffered in a couple
>      of places in the manual and suggest setting autoflush() or EACHLINE
>      as a fix.  (#121974)
>
>      Document how to support CLICOLOR <https://bixense.com/clicolors/> in
>      programs using Term::ANSIColor.  (Due to backward compatibility and
>      non-output uses, there's no easy way to support CLICOLOR in the module
>      automatically.)
>
>      Update to rra-c-util 8.1:
>
>      * Update perlcritic configuration.
>      * Add SPDX-License-Identifier headers to all significant files.
>
> You can download it from CPAN or from:
>
>      <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/ansicolor/>
>
> This package is maintained using Git; see the instructions on the above
> page to access the Git repository.
>
> Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
> in the TODO file.

Blead synched with CPAN in commit 76bea4b78962203033480d2a8f4d66f42d7bf3e6.