develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2019

DAVEM TPF Grant#2 october / November 2019 report

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
December 2, 2019 14:32
Subject:
DAVEM TPF Grant#2 october / November 2019 report
Message ID:
20191202143230.GS3620@iabyn.com
(This report covers 2 months)

I eliminated new compiler warnings around perl's OS-level signal handler
functions by heavily reworking the mechanisms for declaring those
functions and their types and whether they accept 1 or 3 args.

I also did some investigation into why a multiply op becomes slower at
floating-point arithmetic once it's ever returned an integer value.
I hope to  fix this soon.  See https://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=11109404

Finally, I tweaked some of Memoize's test script which were
time-sensitive and caused occasional smoke failures.

SUMMARY:
     25:36 fix 3 arg signal handler
      4:31 fix smoke failures
      3:00 investigate unnecessary upgrade to SVt_PVNV
      5:13 reduce smoke noise
    ------
     38:20 TOTAL (HH::MM)

 319.9 weeks
3443.8 total hours
  10.8 average hours per week

There are 122 hours left on the grant

--
In economics, the exam questions are the same every year.
They just change the answers.