develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2019

Perl 5.30.1 is now available!

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
November 10, 2019 14:17
Subject:
Perl 5.30.1 is now available!
Message ID:
CADED=K6QzDfQjzWocFaPBm8nOqkp2A=Zmybm0VF7fr=2nXX3TA@mail.gmail.com
  VIOLETTA:
  With you I would share
  my days of happiness;
  everything is folly in this world
  that does not give us pleasure.
  Let us enjoy life,
  for the pleasures of love are swift and fleeting
  as a flower that lives and dies
  and can be enjoyed no more.
  Let's take our pleasure while its ardent,
  brilliant summons lures us on!

    -- Francesco Maria Piave, trans. Deutsche Grammophon GmbH,
       "La traviata", Act I: Brindisi

We are pleased to announce version 30.1, the first maintenance release
of version 30 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.30.1 from your favourite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

  https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.30.1/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  905617fbc5802d59914be2a26a604dee52dd13b3  perl-5.30.1.tar.gz
  4bc190b6ac368f573e6a028f91430f831d40d30a  perl-5.30.1.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

Perl 5.30.1 represents approximately 6 months of development since Perl
5.30.0 and contains approximately 4,700 lines of changes across 67 files
from 14 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 910 lines of changes to 20 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers.  The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.30.1:

Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Dan Book, David Mitchell, Hugo van der Sanden,
James E Keenan, Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Manuel Mausz, Max
Maischein, Nicolas R., Sawyer X, Steve Hay, Tom Hukins, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history.  In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core.  We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 32.0, should appear in
May 2020, with version 33.0 released around the same time.

Steve Hay