develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2019

Re: Perl 5 is now on github

From:
Ryan Voots
Date:
October 22, 2019 16:54
Re: Perl 5 is now on github
Message ID:
CA+sVJXmre1fhT+uYW0gkgAKC7xfyAMVEy6LYot2KkNf+ST8deA@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 11:49 PM H.Merijn Brand <h.m.brand@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 22:44:23 +0200, James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 10/21/19 11:18 AM, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> > In my local .git/config in my checkout of blead, I formerly had this:
> >
> >      pushurl = ssh://jkeenan@perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git
>
> I never used pushurl, but the url based on ssh is normally something
> like
>
>        url = github.com:Perl/perl5
>
> which is what I use on my development machine and that worked fine

Github does things a bit differently, doing all user authentication via
their ssh keys entirely, the url will be on the github page (see the big
clone button), but for posterity it'll be git@github.com:Perl/perl5.git
possibly with the ssh:// easiest way to change is usually with git remote
set-url origin git@github.com:Perl/perl5.git, or similar.