develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2019

Re: Perl 5 is now on github

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
October 22, 2019 06:49
Re: Perl 5 is now on github
Message ID:
20191022084907.4d708e78@pc09.procura.nl
On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 22:44:23 +0200, James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com>
wrote:

> On 10/21/19 11:18 AM, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 11:08:03 +0200, Todd Rinaldo <todd@rinaldo.us>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> 2. The primary repository can now cloned at:
> >>     https://github.com/Perl/perl5.git
> >
> > For Test::Smoke users:
> >
> > You might want to change your smoking url's in _config and in
> > .git/config if you're using git
> >
> >   git:   https://github.com/Perl/perl5.git
> >   rsync: rsync://dromedary.p5h.org:5872/perl-current/
> >
> > Note for rsync that not only the host, but also the port changed
> >
> > We are still investigating how tar archives can be made available
> >

> In my local .git/config in my checkout of blead, I formerly had this:
>
>      pushurl = ssh://jkeenan@perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git

I never used pushurl, but the url based on ssh is normally something
like

       url = github.com:Perl/perl5

which is what I use on my development machine and that worked fine

> What should the value for pushurl be now?
>
> Jim Keenan

using perl5.00307 .. 5.31      porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and Linux
https://useplaintext.email  https://tux.nl  http://www.test-smoke.org